One of the most important aspects of periodontics is to focus on gum disease. Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is a serious condition in which the gum tissues within a person’s mouth become infected. If left untreated, gum disease can progress over a period of many years and slowly destroy your smile. Common signs and symptoms of gum disease are as follows:
– If your gums frequently bleed during mealtime or while you’re cleaning your mouth after brushing and flossing techniques, it may be linked to gum tissue infections.
– Always look for signs of heightened tooth sensitivity and loose or separating teeth that move or are moving away from your gums.
– The constant barrage of gum recession or any indications thereof is a sign of gum disease. Gum recession arises when your gums begin pulling back away from your teeth.
– If you are experiencing any signs of uncharacteristic swelling, tenderness of your teeth, or noticeable pus or sores between your gums and your teeth, gum disease may be present.
– If you frequently suffer from halitosis, also referred to as bad breath, and it continually returns after treatment, it could be linked to gum disease.
Are you suffering from gum disease in New York, New York? If so, come visit Popper Dental for a comprehensive exam and cleaning. To schedule an appointment, you can call our dentist office at 212-396-8182. Dr. Jason Popper and our team want to repair and restore your smile.